Kaspersky Internet Security provides a total security solution for businesses that want world-class network protection. This internet security solution provides a complete service and a list of benefits which make it high on demand. Almost all peoples choose Kaspersky to safeguard their digital identity and data because it not only reduces already existing threats but also detects evolving threats. It will keep your sensitive information safe from online threats and allows you to do online transaction. This security software provides anti-malware protection for your file servers and helping your business benefit from shared storage without any security risks. This software offers anti-malware protection that secures the web traffic flowing via your internet gateways. By removing malicious programs and offering secure internet access, this software ensures your employees can work more productively. If you want to get more about this security solution then, call at Kaspersky Support UK.
But sometimes, you get stuck when Kaspersky is not starting on Windows 10. It doesn’t start or the window of the main application doesn’t open then it means that your device is not protected properly. In that case, it is very essential to troubleshoot this glitch so that your PC doesn’t become infected by malware. If you are not able to do so then it is advisable to reinstall the security solution and try to start it again.
Well, these are the few reasons which restrict the Kaspersky to start on Windows 10
• It may happen when the PC is infected with malware
• It occurs if Kaspersky is out-to-date
• Also, it might be the issue with wrong configuration setting and incomplete installation
• Sometimes, it may happen due to the weak internet connection.
• It is also possible that you are no longer subscribed for using Kaspersky
In that case, it is advisable to resolve it as soon as possible. Here, we provide some steps through which you can troubleshoot the issue and start the Kaspersky on your Windows 10 again.
• First, download the removal tool and then uninstall the Kaspersky completely
• After that, conduct a full malware scan on your PC
• Restart your PC and then reinstall the Kaspersky Internet Security
• Check the subscription period, if it has been expired then subscribe it again
• Also, check if the updates are available then install all the updates and then restart your PC and try to start Kaspersky again.
Through these steps, you will definitely resolve the glitch, but if you are still facing the same then it is recommended to take the support of technicians by calling at Kaspersky Helpline UK. We have a team of well-experienced technicians who serve their best to troubleshoot the issue.